The objective of this seminar is to set out the various back-office operations in a central bank and analyse the processing chain and the related risks.
Dates: 21–24 November 2023
Apply before: 21 September 2023
Language: English and French with simultaneous interpretation
Contact: Stéphane GOURDET
This seminar will cover the following topics:
- Organization and governance of the Markets function
- Overview of recent trends in foreign reserve management
- Definition of back-office operations and scope of application
- Processing chain for:
- Foreign exchange operations
- Euro-denominated and FX-denominated portfolio management
- Customers’ operations and back-to-back transactions on the market
- Custody of financial instruments,
- Accounting of market and securities transactions,
- IT-related issues (cyber-risk, resilience/ business continuity) and static data
- Operational risk management and compliance requirements for these activities.
This seminar is intended for central bank managers in charge of back-office operations (money market, foreign exchange market, securities transactions).