Monetary and financial statistics are key tools for central banks. They are used, among other things, to predict the evolution of nominal variables that affect the path of prices, to analyse the balance sheets of sectors as part of cyclical diagnosis or to detect risks to financial stability. This training seminar will cover the compilation of monetary and financial statistics and their use in economic, monetary and macro-prudential analysis.
Dates: 26-28 March 2024
Apply before: 22 March 2024
Language: English and French
Contact: Julio RAMOS-TALLADA
The seminar will cover in particular the following topics:
- Overview of the use of financial and economic account indicators, and challenges ahead
- Main international reforms and initiatives: revision of the SNA, data gaps
- Methodology for banking and non-banking financial statistics (investment funds, derivatives, SIFIM)
- Practical examples of monetary and financial data use: inflation expectations, monetary policy, green rating
The seminar is intended for statisticians and economists from central banks who draw up and use monetary and financial statistics. Participants will be invited to participate actively: contributing to a survey, discussing on-line with the speakers, assessing the seminar.
- Only staff from public bodies (central bank, ministry, national statistical office…) may apply to IBFI seminars;
- We accept only valid official domains (from the type of institutions above) as main Email address. We need at least one official email address per participant.
Applications not fulfilling these two conditions will be automatically rejected.