This seminar covers the fight against money laundering and financing of terrorism and the role played by central banks and supervisory authorities in combating these forms of financial delinquency.
Dates: 21-23 November 2023
Apply before: 21 September 2023
Language: English and French with simultaneous translation
Contact: Hedi JEDDI
This seminar will cover the following topics:
- International standards (Recommendations of FATF, common methodology for assessing national legal frameworks)
- The European and French legal frameworks for combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism
- The role of an anti-money laundering unit within a central bank
- The implementation of the AML/CFT legal framework in commercial banks
- The role and methods of banking supervision in the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism
- The role of judicial authorities
- Latest trends in technological innovation and AML-CFT: Artificial Intelligence and Crypto-Assets
- Offshore centres: banking secrecy and black lists
This seminar will be run by specialists from the FATF, the Banque de France, the French Prudential control and Resolution Authority and the French Financial Intelligence Unit. It will enable participants to gain a practical understanding of money laundering mechanisms and off-site and on-site controls implemented by financial institutions and supervisory authorities.
This seminar is mainly intended for experts and managerial staff responsible for combating financial delinquency and money laundering within central banks, or for those working in cooperation with financial investigation units and judicial authorities in the fight against financial delinquency and money laundering, as well as those working in departments of on-site and off-site supervision within supervisory authorities.