Vous êtes ici

Banque de France Monthly Monetary Statement Fév 2019

Mise en ligne le 25/03/2019
(outstanding amounts at the end of the month, EUR billions)
Dec- 2015 Dec- 2016 Dec- 2017 Feb- 2018 Dec- 2018 Feb- 2019
Assets
Metropolitan France 321.1 441.9 627.4 656.6 675.8 694.0
Loans 140.6 107.1 149.5 167.8 142.6 159.7
MFIs (b) 140.4 106.9 149.4 167.7 142.4 159.6
General government 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Other sectors 0.2 0.2 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1
Debt securities held 180.4 334.7 477.5 488.5 533.0 534.0
MFIs 50.2 57.4 72.1 73.6 76.8 76.5
General government 130.2 261.7 363.3 369.8 398.7 399.7
Other sectors 0.0 15.7 42.1 45.0 57.5 57.7
Shares and other equity 0.1 0.1 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3
Other euro area countries (b) 103.1 116.6 143.4 111.6 107.2 127.3
Rest of the world (b) 98.0 90.6 91.0 89.4 114.9 109.4
Gold 76.2 86.0 84.7 84.5 87.8 90.8
Not broken down by geographical area (c) 116.1 115.4 113.1 105.5 106.4 107.2
Total 714.5 850.6 1,059.7 1,047.6 1,092.1 1,128.7
Liabilities
Metropolitan France - Deposits 239.0 353.4 526.7 502.4 550.8 583.3
MFIs 222.9 339.0 500.9 467.9 514.7 531.7
General government 13.9 13.9 25.2 33.9 35.4 50.8
Other sectors 2.2 0.6 0.6 0.6 0.7 0.7
Other euro area countries - Deposits 29.3 13.8 31.0 71.6 17.3 24.8
Rest of the world - Deposits 110.0 123.3 140.0 119.5 144.4 140.1
Not broken down by geographical area 336.2 360.1 361.9 354.1 379.5 380.6
Banknotes and coins in circulation (d) 204.0 212.0 220.4 216.1 231.7 230.9
of which coins 3.2 3.3 3.5 3.5 3.6 3.6
Debt securities issued 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Capital, reserves and revaluation account 110.9 124.1 118.8 114.9 125.6 126.8
Other liabilities 21.3 23.9 22.7 23.1 22.2 23.0
Total 714.5 850.6 1,059.7 1,047.6 1,092.1 1,128.7

(a) Compiled in the framework of the production of the consolidated balance sheet of the monetary financial institutions (Regulation ECB/2013/33), these statistics show, as compared with the Annual Accounts, some differences in presentation and in scope. Therefore, although coins in circulation are not a liability of MFIs in the participating Member States, but a liability of the central government, coins are part of the monetary aggregates and this liability is to be entered under the category 'currency in circulation'. The counterpart to this liability is a claim on the Treasury and is included within 'remaining assets' (here under the item 'Not broken down by geographical area').
The total of the balance sheet at end-2017 published in March 2018 (1 053.5 bn) can be calculated by subtracting from the total of the Monthly Monetary Statement at end December 2017 (1 059.7 bn): coins (3,5 bn) and miscellaneous amounts linked to the accounting gap between the statement established in early January 2018 and the Annual Accounts, which include all the year-end entries (2.7 bn).
(b) This item includes the outstanding amounts of market operations.
(c) Including the adjustment linked to the method of accounting used for measuring the euro notes on the liabilities side of the balance sheet of the Banque de France since January 2002.
(d) Since January 2002, banknotes in circulation are treated according to specific euro area accounting conventions to bring them in line with the capital key share. 8% of the total value of euro banknotes in circulation is allocated to the European Central Bank. The remaining 92% is broken down between the NCBs in proportion to their share in the paid-up capital of the ECB.


Source : Banque de France

More information on: methodology, long series, calendar
All statistical time series published by the Banque de France can be accessed on
Webstat Banque de France
Publication available on mobile devices:
Apple and Android
Money
STAT INFO - January 2019

Contact Stat Info

Télécharger la version PDF du document

Banque de France Monthly Monetary Statement
  • Publié le 25/03/2019
  • EN
  • PDF (225.26 Ko)
Télécharger (EN)

Publié le Lundi, 25 mars, 2019