Banque de France Monthly Monetary Statement 2017Jul

(outstanding amounts at the end of the month, EUR billions)
Dec. 13 Dec. 14 Dec.15 July 16 Dec. 16 July 17
Assets
National territory 199.7 213.6 321.1 388.9 441.9 579.9
Loans 127.1 137.8 140.6 123.4 107.1 158.0
MFIs (b) 127.0 137.6 140.4 123.2 106.9 157.9
General government 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Other sectors 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.1
Debt securities held 72.5 75.7 180.4 265.4 334.7 421.8
MFI 25.2 33.5 50.2 56.2 57.4 68.8
General government 47.3 42.2 130.2 205.1 261.7 319.6
Other sectors 0.0 0.0 0.0 4.1 15.7 33.4
Shares and other equity 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1
Other euro area countries (b) 91.4 86.7 103.1 111.3 116.6 114.0
Rest of the world (b) 88.3 90.9 98.0 86.0 90.6 81.0
Gold 68.2 77.3 76.2 94.1 86.0 84.4
Not broken down by geographical area (c) 107.6 114.1 116.1 109.4 115.4 117.4
Total 555.2 582.6 714.5 789.7 850.6 976.7
Liabilities
National territory - Deposits 116.0 116.1 239.0 296.1 355.4 472.6
MFIs 112.2 112.7 222.9 275.2 341.0 448.6
General government 3.3 2.4 13.9 19.1 13.9 23.4
Other sectors 0.6 1.0 2.2 1.9 0.6 0.6
Other euro are a countries - Deposits 34.1 30.9 29.3 33.5 13.8 42.3
Rest of the world - Deposits 112.6 117.4 110.0 101.1 121.3 102.4
Not broken down by geographical area 292.5 318.2 336.2 359.0 360.1 359.4
Banknotes and coins in circulation (d) 181.7 192.6 204.0 206.6 212.0 215.2
of which coins 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.3 3.4
Debt securities issued 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
Capital, reserves and revaluation account 92.7 106.6 110.9 128.7 124.1 116.9
Other liabilities 18.0 19.0 21.3 23.7 23.9 27.3
Total 555.2 582.6 714.5 789.7 850.6 976.7
(a) Compiled in the framew ork of the production of the consolidated balance sheet of the monetary financial institutions (Regulation ECB/2013/33), these statistics show , as compared w ith the Annual Accounts, some differences in presentation and in scope. Therefore, although coins in circulation are not a liability of MFIs in the participating Member States, but a liability of the central government, coins are part of the monetary aggregates and this liability is to be entered under the category 'currency in circulation'. The counterpart to this liability is a claim on the Treasury and is included w ithin 'remaining assets' (here under the item 'Not broken dow n by geographical area').
The total of the balance sheet at end-2016 published in July 2016 (845.3 bn) can be calculated by substracting from the total of the Monthly Monetary Statement at end December 2016 (850.6 bn): coins (3,3 bn) and miscellaneous amounts linked to the accounting gap betw een the statement established in early January 2017 and the Annual Accounts, w hich include all the year-end entries (2 bn).

(b) This item includes the outstanding amounts of market operations.

(c) Including the adjustment linked to the method of accounting used for measuring the euro notes on the liabilities side of the balance sheet of the Banque de France since January 2002.

(d) Since January 2002, banknotes in circulation are treated according to specif ic euro area accounting conventions to bring themin line w ith the capital key share.
8% of the total value of euro banknotes in circulation is allocated to the European Central Bank. The remaining 92% is broken dow n betw een the NCBs in proportion to their share in the paid-up capital of the ECB.
Source : Banque de FranceProduced 23 August 2017

Download the PDF version of this document

Banque de France Monthly Monetary Statement
  • Published on 08/24/2017
  • EN
  • PDF (208.21 KB)
Download (EN)

Published on Thursday, August 24, 2017