This seminar will focus on forecasting tools and models used mainly at Banque de France but as well as other French economic administrations to monitor short-term development or run longer-term economic forecasts especially in the context of Euro-system projection exercises.
Dates: 4-6 July 2023
Apply before: 1st July 2023
The seminar will address in particular the following topics:
• How to organize an integrated forecasting process
• FR-BDF, the semi-structural forecasting model of Banque de France
• Use of surveys and nowcasting models
• Forecasting in times of crisis: the example of covid-19 and the use of high-frequency data
• Inflation forecast
• Fiscal forecast
• Assessment of the International environment
• Post-mortems of macroeconomic forecasts produced with large models
This seminar is intended for central bank economists. Candidates should have a basic knowledge of econometrics methods and some experience in modelling. They are expected to interact actively during the seminar and may make presentations on their own experience.
Updated on: 10/04/2022 16:49